NAMI Miami-Dade Position Available – Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator is an exempt full time 40 hour/week employee of NAMI Miami-Dade County. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
POSITION SUMMARY: The National Alliance on Mental Illness Miami-Dade (NAMI) is the Miami affiliate of the largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI is seeking a Program Coordinator; it is a vital role in the success of NAMI. This individual 1) oversees the recruitment and training of the volunteer facilitators and teachers of NAMI programs; 2) organizes logistics and execution of NAMI trainings, support programs and classes; 3) is responsible for day-to-day operations of NAMI program management, support groups, program leaders and facilitators; 3) initiates and participates in outreach and advocacy efforts to support the mission, quality programs and services of NAMI; 4) manages and reports program metrics and data management; 5) acts as program liaison with NAMI National, NAMI Florida and our Miami-Dade affiliate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND SUPPORT PROGRAMS MANAGEMENT
1. Plan, coordinate, promote and expand existing NAMI Programs in English, Spanish and Creole: Family to Family, Peer to Peer, Family Support Groups, Peer Support Groups;
2. Initiate additional NAMI Programs to the community: Parents and Teachers as Allies, Ending the Silence, Basics, In Our Own Voice, Provider Education, Faithnet, and Homefront;
3. Program fidelity: Ensure NAMI National Standards and Program requirements, quality and goals are met. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in NAMI programs and mental health;
4. Verify accuracy of website and social media on education and support programs throughout the year;
5. Create program flyers for programs and publicize through various means including print and social media;
6. Maintain program calendar, documents, and program volunteer tasks on BaseCamp management software.
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING
1. Set annual objectives on growth of trained teachers and facilitators;
2. Recruit, interview and manage program volunteers for program and support group leaders and facilitators; arrange trainings and orientations at least twice yearly for the key programs;
3. Schedule and hold quarterly Program Leaders Meeting.
Implement and maintain record-keeping, policy and procedures and monthly reports for programs and outreach and to contribute to programs statistical summary and reports for grants and contract compliance.
CONTRIBUTE TO NAMI MIAMI-DADE’S HEALTH AND GROWTH
1. Work with the Board of Directors to provide strategic direction and policies for both long-term and short-term program planning; Attend Funding Committee Meetings, Monthly Speaker meetings, and Board Meetings;
2. Assist with preparing grants/contracts and developing budget as it pertains to programs.
1. Provide community presentations and attend community meetings
2. Assist in planning and implementation efforts for community events
3. Serves as a spokesperson, liaison and public representative.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
2. Experience and knowledge, personal or professional, about working with individuals and families affected by mental illness;
3. Experience with NAMI is an advantage;
4. Work experience in the nonprofit sector in a small organization;
5. Willingness to work evenings and weekends;
6. Leadership ability in growing and sustaining a non-profit organization;
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
8. Computer literacy in web based reporting, project management, Excel, Word, Powerpoint;
9. Experience in developing successful partnerships with community organizations;
10. Success in working with volunteers;
11. Ability and willingness to travel throughout Miami-Dade County, requiring use of a personal vehicle;
12. Spanish Language is a plus.
Reports to the Executive Director.
This position requires a national criminal background screening check.
This is a salaried position. $30,000 – $32,000
Other benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans are not currently provided by NAMI Miami-Dade to its staff.